Saturday, January 30, 2010

Listing...

There are generally 2 types of people who makes lists:

- There are people who make lists and must get everything done on their list by the end of the day, and cross them off They even add things to their list that aren't on their list after they've done them, just to note they've done them and satisfactorily cross them off.

- There are people who make lists of everything that needs to done, even the stuff that isn't for today, they get to what they get to, and they move the rest to a new list, or keep that list floating, or sometimes even drop things off the list.

I am the latter. But I take it to a new art form.

I can make a list of things I want to do, and a month or a year later, I may still have not gotten it done. I'd like to say that it's not procrastinating so much as adept prioritization, where I finally figure out that if it's waited this long, it's either something that really didn't need to happen at any point (if I ever thought it did), or I obviously just didn't want it that much. But sometimes, maybe, possibly... it might be procrastinating. Sometimes, sitting doing nothing, writing a blog, reading a book, taking a walk, getting my nails done, going to the museum, boxing a few rounds, an extra hour of sleep, chatting online, catching up on the DVR, playing a game...any of those things might be more important.

And I get over it.

Until I realize it's been on my list for a year or 3. And then I decide if it's really what I want to do.

Did I mention I have 3 of those things on my to do list today?

No comments: